Established in 2009, G3 Remarketing is one of the UK’s fastest growing vehicle remarketing and disposal management specialists, with ambitious plans to increase its presence over the coming years. The dedicated team have a desire to exceed customers’ expectations and truly stand out from the corporate crowd and this has been pivotal to the company’s on-going success.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of operational controls. Working closely with both the external sales and internal account managers to deliver a rounded, efficient and market leading vehicle remarketing solution. With direct and indirect responsibility for all operational processes throughout the business spanning various departments including logistics and sales.
As a newly created position, the role will also be responsible for implementing compliance protocols as developed by the Compliance Manager and agreed by the Board.
As the business expands its physical and online footprint, this is an exceptionally important position which requires a hands-on approach to ensure best practice is maintained within a relatively small team of c60-70 team members plus a large pool or 3rd party contractors (providing services including logistics, vehicle preparation & temporary staffing)
Operationally, you will work closely with the senior team and Board to ensure specific guidelines are improved and implemented whilst maintaining first class customer service within a set budget.
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Manage the development and review of policies, processes and corporate behaviour
- Liaising closely with the Sales Department to help the company deliver new and improved services
- Implementing 3rd party supplier agreements including negotiating rates and terms
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager to guide the business through the process of obtaining and maintaining ISO 9001 & 27001
- Working on new services and product launches to ensure the business maintains its edge within a highly competitive market.
- Review KPI’s and be heavily involved in client and supplier review meetings
- Perform monthly 121’s including team development, training and performance management
- Monitoring, reporting and resolving any operational or compliance breeches including reporting the same to the board
- Liaising directly with the Branch & Marketing Manager to ensure operational processes are understood and delivered correctly.
- Support the enabling and implementation of innovative technologies; enhancing existing processes to make the customer journey as smooth as possible.
- Process improvement – lean methodology/six sigma
- Driving cost control and management
- Working in an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and make informed decisions. The business needs to maintain its competitive advantage and flexibility.
- Attention to detail and ability to work closely across all departments
- Some flexibility to working hours to ensure the needs of the business and its customers are delivered (at times)
- Be able to adapt and support other team members and departments in line with business requirements
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with contactors as well as being comfortable in handling difficult conversations and appropriately challenging agents where standards are not met
- Manage all operational processes at all levels within a growing business achieving short/medium/long-term goals as set by the Board.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
Efficient, self-motivated, driven, team-player, confident, organised, attention to detail, passionate, accountable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritise workloads in line with KPI’s and business requirements
- Have significant financial and performance metrics awareness
- Desire and ability to develop the team through coaching and mentoring
- Negotiation and Rapport building
- Time management
- Organisational approach with the ability to resolve issues quickly
- Methodical approach and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written at all levels
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft package
- Tech ‘savvy’ and the ability to grasp, manage and implement new solutions into a fast-paced business
- Good working knowledge of the automotive industry (ideally within the auction sector) would be beneficial
- Understanding of multiple client processes and SLA requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years current working experience within a senior operational role
- A current motor related employment background, ideally within the remarketing sector would be favourable.
- Experience of FCA regulations, specifically within the automotive sector desirable with specific knowledge of CONC7 would be helpful but not necessarily vital
- Understanding of GDPR
- Experience of working within the vehicle remarketing, motor finance or potentially dealership sector would be ideal
- Previous exposure to managing multi-location/multi-type suppliers
- Minimum of 3-5 years Operational Management experience within a medium sized organisation (50+ employees)
THE POSITION & REMUNERATION
Full time permanent position (Mon-Fri)
The successful candidate will receive;
Basic salary of £40-£45K per annum (based on experience). Realistic OTE £45-£50K P/A
Up to 22% profit related bonus (subject to company achieving targets)
Company Vehicle (A4/C-Class/3-Series or similar)
Private Medical Insurance after a qualifying period
Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
Access to staff rewards programme; Perkbox
4 Weeks Holiday plus Bank Holidays